This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.comptalk.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
At Computer Talk, we’d like to help you resolve a purchase problem as quickly and easily as possible. Provided you meet the terms and conditions listed below, you may make an exchange or return. Please note that not all items are covered by our returns policy. We suggest you read the complete returns policy before you make your purchase.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- All exchanges and returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. How do I do that? Exchanges and credits cannot be processed without one.
- An RMA must be requested within 30 days of the original invoice date. Thereafter, all sales are final.
- The returned package must be received within 10 business days of the RMA issue date.
- All products are sold with their respective manufacturer’s warranties. Please note that warranty periods and services vary by manufacturer and product.
- When returning products, we strongly recommend the use of a carrier that can track packages. You also assume responsibility for insuring the returned item.
- Please note all returns conditions listed below, as applicable to your return.
- You may be charged a 25% restocking fee.
- All items must be returned in “as new” condition in the original packaging and include all accessories, blank warranty cards, UPC codes (attached), and user manuals.
All Other Hardware Products
May be exchanged or returned within 30 days of the invoice date. Thereafter, all sales are final. Credit will not be given on build-to-order items and special orders for any reason.
All Software Products
Unopened software can be exchanged within 30 days of the invoice date.
Opened software will not be accepted for return.
At times, Computer Talk will offer specially priced items that have been discontinued by the manufacturer. These items, clearly marked as discontinued, are not eligible for return or exchange.
Returns on clearance items are accepted within 30 days of the invoice date if the product is damaged or deemed defective. An RMA must be obtained in order for a clearance return to be accepted and processed. We cannot exchange clearance products, as the manufacturer has either discontinued these items or we no longer have them in stock.
Requesting a Product Return
To Request an RMA number, send your request via email to email@example.com. Please include your order number.
After Receiving Your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Number:
1. Write your RMA number legibly on the return label.
2. Return the entire package to:
Computer Talk, Inc.
Attn: Returns (RMA Number:_____)
22647 Ventura Blvd. #245
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Crediting Your Account
- Credit, less applicable restocking fees, will be issued within two business days of receiving your return. All refunds for credit will be issued to the credit card account that appears on the original invoice. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
- When returning an item paid for by check or money order, a refund check will be mailed to you within 10 business days from the time we receive your return.
When exchanging an item, you will be sent a replacement item and a new tracking number once Computer Talk receives, approves and processes the returned item.